- What is meant by low income?
- What is the opposite of low?
- What do low-income families struggle with?
- Is Low Income politically correct?
- What is another word for low?
- What is a better word for underprivileged?
- Is poor a bad word?
- What is a nice way to say poor?
- What is the antonyms of low?
- What does low-income cause?
- How do you say poor without saying the poor?
- What do you call someone who is not rich but not poor?
- Does low income mean poor?
- What low means?
- What household income is low-income?
- What is a very poor person called?
- What do you call a female millionaire?
- What is it called when you have no money?
What is meant by low income?
(also lower-income) not having or earning much money: Many struggle to make ends meet, particularly those from low-income families.
low-income areas/communities/countries The fund helps low-income countries to increase their renewable energy use.
What is the opposite of low?
Antonym of LowWordAntonymLowHighGet definition and list of more Antonym and Synonym in English Grammar.
What do low-income families struggle with?
families with a full-time worker experience hardships related to food and housing [figure 4]. Forty percent of moderate-work, low-income families (those without a full-time worker but still working a substantial number of hours) report food and housing hardship.
Is Low Income politically correct?
“Low income” is factual and should be used when you’re talking about money related things. “At risk” is sometimes used when, even if income is a factor, it’s not the only factor.
What is another word for low?
What is another word for lower?lowbottombottommostlowermostlowestnethermostundermostlastbasementground10 more rows
What is a better word for underprivileged?
In this page you can discover 21 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for underprivileged, like: deprived, disadvantaged, rich, poor, destitute, depressed, miserable, indigent, impoverished, wealthy and privileged.
Is poor a bad word?
Curzan says there are actually three definitions for the word poor. It can mean: People who don’t have enough resources to meet their needs. Bad or shoddy quality.
What is a nice way to say poor?
1 needy, indigent, necessitous, straitened, destitute, penniless, poverty-stricken.
What is the antonyms of low?
acro means high so the antonym ( opposite) would be considered low.
What does low-income cause?
Poverty and low-income status are associated with a variety of adverse health outcomes, including shorter life expectancy, higher rates of infant mortality, and higher death rates for the 14 leading causes of death. These effects are mediated through individual- and community-level mechanisms.
How do you say poor without saying the poor?
4 Answers. Indigent is a formal word to name poor people. Indigent(adj.) needy; poor; impoverished.
What do you call someone who is not rich but not poor?
The Middle Class: Not Rich, Not Poor, But Uncertain Of The Future.
Does low income mean poor?
1. In this fact sheet, poverty is defined as family income less than 100 percent of the federal poverty threshold, as determined by the U.S. Census Bureau; low income is defined as family income less than 200 percent of the poverty threshold.
What low means?
The definition of low is something with little height, emotionally depressed, below the surface level, quiet or deep in pitch. An example of low is fog resting on the ground. An example of low is someone feeling sad. An example of low is speaking quietly.
What household income is low-income?
For a family of three, that ranges from $40,100 to $120,400 for 2018 incomes in a recent Pew study. The lowest-income group earned less than $40,100 for a family of three while the highest-income households had incomes topping $120,400 in 2018 dollars.
What is a very poor person called?
pauper. a person who is very poor.
What do you call a female millionaire?
Noun. 1. millionairess – a woman millionaire. have, rich person, wealthy person – a person who possesses great material wealth.
What is it called when you have no money?
penniless. adjective. someone who is penniless has no money.