- What is a better word for underprivileged?
- Is it OK to say underprivileged?
- What is a synonym for ghetto?
- What are the characteristics of underprivileged?
- What is the meaning of disadvantaged?
- What is the full meaning of privilege?
- What is another word for less fortunate?
- What is the meaning of underprivileged?
- What is it called when you honor someone?
- What is underprivileged community?
- What is a synonym for privilege?
- What does Fortunity mean?
- What word is the opposite of privilege?
- What is the meaning of less fortunate?
- What is mean by fortunate?
- What is poverty stricken?
What is a better word for underprivileged?
In this page you can discover 21 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for underprivileged, like: deprived, disadvantaged, rich, poor, destitute, depressed, miserable, indigent, impoverished, wealthy and privileged..
Is it OK to say underprivileged?
Yes, underprivileged is politically correct.
What is a synonym for ghetto?
other words for ghetto MOST RELEVANT. public squalor. rundown section of a city.
What are the characteristics of underprivileged?
Some of the characteristics of underprivileged learners are low motivation to learn, low cognitive abilities, low self-esteem, poor reading ability. But at the same time they take a greater sense of independence and responsibility.
What is the meaning of disadvantaged?
: lacking in the basic resources or conditions (such as standard housing, medical and educational facilities, and civil rights) believed to be necessary for an equal position in society. Other Words from disadvantaged Synonyms & Antonyms Example Sentences Learn More about disadvantaged.
What is the full meaning of privilege?
* Privilege comes from the Latin privilegium, meaning a law for just one person, a benefit enjoyed by an individual or group beyond what is available to others. *Any right, immunity, or benefit enjoyed only by a person or group beyond the advantages of most.
What is another word for less fortunate?
synonym study for poor Poor, impecunious, impoverished, penniless refer to those lacking money. Poor is the simple term for the condition of lacking means to obtain the comforts of life: a very poor family.
What is the meaning of underprivileged?
English Language Learners Definition of underprivileged : having less money, education, etc., than the other people in a society : having fewer advantages, privileges, and opportunities than most people : poor or disadvantaged.
What is it called when you honor someone?
Noun. honor, homage, reverence, deference mean respect and esteem shown to another. honor may apply to the recognition of one’s right to great respect or to any expression of such recognition. the nomination is an honor homage adds the implication of accompanying praise.
What is underprivileged community?
Someone underprivileged doesn’t have the advantages other people have. Underprivileged people usually live in poverty. … Many times, this word is used as a synonym for poor. People often worry about underprivileged children who are living in poverty and may not have access to healthy food or good medical care.
What is a synonym for privilege?
other words for privilegeadvantage.authority.benefit.exemption.freedom.license.prerogative.right.
What does Fortunity mean?
1 : the quality or state of being fortuitous. 2 : a chance event or occurrence.
What word is the opposite of privilege?
privilege. Antonyms: disfranchisement, disqualification, exclusion, prohibition, inhibition. Synonyms: prerogative, im-munity, franchise, right, liberty, advantage, claim, exemption.
What is the meaning of less fortunate?
the less fortunateFrom Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English the less fortunatepeople who are poor We should all consider the plight of the less fortunate. → fortunateExamples from the Corpusthe less fortunate• The organization is collecting canned food to help the less fortunate.
What is mean by fortunate?
1 : bringing some good thing not foreseen as certain : auspicious made a fortunate investment. 2 : receiving some unexpected good How fortunate we are to get such a nice room!
What is poverty stricken?
: very poor : destitute.