Which of the following food constituents is not digested in the stomach
Since amylase enzymes can only function in an alkaline environment and are not present in the human digestive system, fats and carbohydrates are the only food components that are not digested in the stomach. As a result, these nutrients are mostly absorbed from the small intestine where they are mostly digested.
Which of the following nutrient is not organic
Fats (lipids), proteins, carbohydrates, and vitamins are all organic molecules because they contain carbon, but minerals are NOT organic nutrients.
Which of the following is not a class of nutrients
Macronutrients used in the body are those that are needed in large quantities and include: carbohydrate, fat, and protein.
Which of the following is not a macronutrient
Chlorine is not a macronutrient, so it is not one of these options. Macronutrients are nutrients that are required in large amounts. Humans require three macronutrients: carbohydrates (sugar), lipids (fats), and proteins. Calcium, iron, vitamins, iron, minerals, and vitamin C are all micronutrients.
What can amylase digest
The typical human diet for most nationalities contains a significant amount of starch, which is broken down into smaller molecules by amylases to produce maltose, which is then split into two glucose molecules by maltase.
Which of the following nutrients is a source of energy for human cells
The primary sugar present in blood and the bodys primary source of energy is glucose, also known as blood sugar.
Where are dietary fats absorbed
Most dietary fat absorption occurs in the middle region of the small intestine, the jejunum, but all regions of the small intestine are capable of absorbing dietary fat. These digestive products are efficiently taken up by enterocytes, the absorptive cells of the small intestine.
Which of the following foods does not require a label
Foods that contain insignificant amounts (insignificant means it can be listed as zero) of all required nutrients (foods that fall under this exemption include tea, coffee, food coloring, etc.) are exempt from nutrition fact labeling, as are raw fruits, vegetables, and fish.
How does your body break down nutrients
Food is moved through the GI tract during digestion, which starts in the mouth with chewing and ends in the small intestine. As the food travels through the GI tract, it comes into contact with digestive juices, which causes the large food molecules to break down into smaller ones.
What nutrients are in the blood
Over 90% of blood plasma is made up of water, while the remaining 10% is made up of dissolved materials, mostly proteins, electrolytes, vitamins, and nutrients like glucose and amino acids. Over 99% of the solid particles in blood are red blood cells (erythrocytes), so-called because of their red color.
Which of the following nutrients is the most essential for life
Water. A person can only survive for a few days without drinking water, making it the most important essential nutrient that they require.
Which of the following nutrients is a micro nutrient
Micronutrients, also known as vitamins and minerals, are substances like fluoride, selenium, sodium, iodine, copper, and zinc, as well as vitamins C, A, D, E, and K, as well as the B-complex vitamins.
Which of the following substances is a nutrient that does not provide any energy for living cells
Water — Water does not contain calories and does not provide energy, but the adult human body is up to 60% water, and it needs water for many processes.
Where does amylase digest carbs
Carbohydrates. The digestive process for carbohydrates starts in the mouth, where the salivary enzyme amylase converts food starches into the disaccharide maltose.
Is water a macronutrient
Water is produced by the oxidative metabolism of hydrogen-containing substrates in the body and is a macronutrient that is involved in all hydrolytic reactions, such as the hydrolysis of other macronutrients (proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, and so on).2 Sept 2009
When digested proteins are broken down into
Amino acids are joined together by peptides, which proteases break down, and from your stomach, these smaller chains of amino acids move into your small intestine. Once a protein source reaches your stomach, hydrochloric acid and enzymes called proteases break it down into smaller chains of amino acids.
Is water a micronutrient
Water can contain trace amounts of other micronutrients that may have dissolved into it or been added during water treatment, despite the fact that water is not a micronutrient in and of itself.
Which of the following is an organic nutrient
Carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and vitamins are thus the organic nutrients, which are crucial for energy.